So, this enormous couch in my office is causing people to want to sit on it. (Which was the idea...) And, fairly typically of what has become a Tuesday pattern, I had several young women come camp out in my office. As we usually do, we talked about a little bit of this, and a little bit of that. And then as usually happens when people notice I have a Mr. Potato Head on my desk (complete with its own "parts suitcase") one of the girls started redoing my decorative spud. I informed the girls, as I usually do, that I am the coolest person they know because I have a Mr. Potato Head on my desk. As they usually do, I think they called me childish or something along those lines. Eager to prove...well, ok... eager to get a rise out of them, I whipped out a pile of coloring sheets and crayons. (Good, complicated coloring sheets, and the good crayons, mais oui!) And suddenly they were so excited, talking about their plans to sit down and color later that night, and how they were going to come put coloring sheets on my door.
Well, hey. Stupendous! But what I thought about after they left is how most of us, if we are honest, really miss at least one or two things about our childhood. For me, I miss playing...and coloring...and swinging! There are no rules against me doing any of these things, but now that I'm a mature 25-and-holding, I just never seem to have time.
But my inner child is calling to be freed. If yours is calling out, stop by... I have tons of coloring sheets. And I'll even bring out the good crayons for you!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment