So... It was my "First" Holy Week, both as a "Mrs." and as a "Reverend". (Two new titles in less than six months...no wonder I'm confused...). I had great plans of being the woman who had it all together. I envisioned a clean house and a nice easter meal after wearing my freshly ironed suit to Church easter morning. I thought I'd made it to all the Holy Week services my church offered, and that I'd cook soup for one of the Lenten Devotionals. And while we're at it, I'd have freshly bathed dogs and my husband would receive a nice Easter basket...cause yeah, I'm that fabulous!o
Ummmm...not so much. (Warning, this isn't an especially theological writing today...but I thought somebody might get a kick out of it.)
I made it through about THursday. I didn't make it to a Maunday Thursday service, but that was ok because I'd do good friday. For good Friday, I made soup, as planned, only instead of having the 8-10 people we'd been having, we had almost 30. When I read the story about JEsus multiplying the Loaves and Fishes, it didn't ever dawn on me that maybe one of the disciples made an emergency Kroger run to get cans of soup. And oh yeah, I totally would have passed the doctored-up French Onion soup off as my own, because I was getting compliments all over the place, but then someone saw the cans.
And then my husband and I attempted to boil the 252 eggs I mentioned earlier. We used the big soup pots and the big stoves, which was a great idea...only neither one of us was tall enough to see over the top of the pots. Yeah, we used a step stool so we could see if the water was boiling.
By then the Good Friday night service was out. I was asleep by 7:15.
And saturday started with me trying to construct a very large styrofoam cross...and wondering if I had gotten a degree in arts and crafts. I was thrilled when it went flying across campus...several times.
I thought I would have time on Saturday to get an Easter basket and Iron my suit. I forgot about both.
But I did get my Easter meal on, right after morning church, thinking we would eat after the UMCH evening chapel service. I put a Ham in the crock pot (setting it for two hours less than the recipe said, knowing that I could put it in the oven if I didn't like the wa it looked.) And I got home, and it was so overcooked, it looked like dog food. So it was-- dog food.
At least the puppy learned "sit" from my Easter Ham...
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment