Alright, so...after boiling 252 (yes, we counted) eggs, we embarked on a day of fun. We invited the campus for an afternoon of egg dyeing and other easter crafts. And true to the saying, if you build it, they will come! The weather was beautiful, and the kids were in great spirits-- though some of them were rather unsure about what we were doing, claiming they had never had the opportunity to dye eggs before. (Hmmmph... I'll fix that!) Our resident drummers, namely a couple of religious life volunteers, started with a couple of drums just playing around to see what beat would emerge. And they grooved for a while. And the egg dyers grooved for a while. And the tissue paper cross makers grooved for a while. And one person, wanting to share with the others, would move away and go try another activity. In some way, I think everyone was involved in everyhthing (except me who has no rhythm, and thus didn't participate in the drumming).
It was a glorious afternoon! If you see a few sunburned faces, I bet you can guess what they were doing.
I wonder what church leaders would think of having so much fun right in the middle of the darkest days of the whole Christian year. After all, even the high leaders of Catholocism asked us not to celebrate St. Pat's day during HOly Week, because we were supposed to be in somber reflection. And yet, I can't help but think that God was smiling down-- seeing all the fun had, and watching the celebrate the grace of the afternoon.

No comments:
Post a Comment